- Stream Hosting
- Live Webcasts
- Media Services
- Server Hosting
- Live Encoder
- About EastBay
Eastbay Media has the following openings:
Web Services Lead - LINUX / LAMP
Eastbay Media is a dynamic, leading Internet audio and video services company. Established in 2002, we provide a complete suite of live and on-demand audio and video services to clients across the US. We are known for our stellar customer service, expertise, and high quality services at fair prices. We offer a very casual, relaxed, cool work environment in our "Class A" offices in Columbia, MD.
We have an immediate need for a self-motivated, independent technologist who is capable of managing a number of Ubuntu Linux servers running various web services and sites. The candidate must be absolutely responsible and trustworthy as they will have access to nearly all of our systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in a creative and entrepreneurial small company environment. Aside from the job description below, you will have creative freedom and the ability to explore new technologies. You will be an integral part of a small team that seeks to innovate and make our existing services better, support our customers, and take new concepts to market.
This job is a flex/part-time, or possibly a full time position depending on your qualifications and fit..
An excellent opportunity for someone who needs a very flexible work schedule, for example:
- Occasional telecommuting/work from home is OK
- You have a need to balance family/hobbies/classes with a job
- You need to coordinate your schedule to handle childcare needs, etc.
All of this is OK! We believe in a work/life/family balance.
- Ubuntu Linux systems administration
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, mail servers, DNS/bind, shell scripts, cron processes, NFS, load balancing
- Expertise in optimizing web servers and applications for uptime and performance
Additional knowledge desired, but can learn on the job:
- Drupal administration, Sawmill log file analysis, streaming media, CDNs, webcasting
Please note: On rare occasions, the candidate must be able to provide "remote hands" response even while off duty. If you are not willing to be contacted while off-duty, you are not a good fit for this job.
There are no clearances or particular "certifications" required - just a deep knowledge of Linux, web servers, and troubleshooting skills.
To be considered, use our contact form and select "Jobs" from the menu. We will then be in touch so that you may provide your resume.